> THE BAUMANNS CAVE IS OPEN - THE HERMANNS CAVE IS CLOSED <
We look forward to welcoming you again as our guests. Based on the current requirements of infection protection, the visit to our Baumanns Cave is again only possible for an individual visit without a guide. You can get tickets online and at the box office. Please note, however, that for reasons of infection protection we prefer and recommend buying online tickets in order to avoid crowds of people in the box office area.
The most important requirements and conditions for your visit taken together:
- The visit is possible by booking an appointment in advance as well as by purchasing a ticket at the box office –online tickets can be booked here.
- It is obligatory to wear a medical face mask when entering the foyer of the Baumanns Cave as well as in the waiting area in front of the entrance.
- The Baumanns Cave can be accessed every 5 minutes.
- One group with a maximum of 5 people is admitted.
- NO corona test required – BUT: People with acute cold symptoms are excluded from visiting.
- Sanitizers are available in our toilet facility (Blankenburger Straße 35/36, costs € 0.50) and at the cave entrance.
- Compliance with the distance and hygiene regulations are preset and checked by the staff on site.
In the middle of the Harz Mountains, in the Bode valley, you will find the so-called “cave village of Rübeland” with it´s unique treasures: the dripstone caves of Rübeland.
The Baumanns and Hermanns Cave are among the oldest and most famous natural show caves in the world.
In the course of the mountain formation, a fascinating, adventurous underground world with colorful and imaginative stalactites and stalagmites gradually emerged.
Various cave dwellers such as bats and the rare, so-called olms can be found here.
There is a lot to discover on the journey through our dripstone caves. With a little fantasy, you can see turtles, dwarfs, dinosaurs and more. However, both caves differ from each other and you will find that each one has its own charm.
Incredible – adventurous!
Dive into other worlds and be fascinated by the dripstone caves of Rübeland.